Goose Island Brew Pub: "Great Location in Wrigleyville" Top 5 Page for this destination Goose Island Brew Pub Tip by deecat

Goose Island Brew Pub, Chicago: 1 reviews and 3 photos

Cub Loyalty at Goose Island Wrigleyville
      Goose Island Pub in Wrigleyville

Photos:
Cubs Loyalty Sign
Neon Sign in the Window

On Tuesday, April 10, 2007, I met Kristi [Dabs] at Goose Island Wrigleyville Brew Pubs on North Clark for a lunch before attending the Chicago Cubs game against Houston.

We were seated in a large booth [which I always like]. Our waitress gave us plenty of time to make our decisions. Since I had been here several times before, I made some suggestions about what to order. Kristi agreed, and we awaited our diet Pepsi's. Once they arrived, we began a non-stop gab session. VT, of course, was one of the main topics.

We stayed their talking for so long that the waitress brought us automatic refills on our colas [which were gigantic.]

The location of Goose Island Wrigleyville was perfect for us since we only had to walk a block or so to reach Wrigleyfield.
j

Favorite Dish: Kristi [Dabs} and I decided to share a Pulled Pork Sandwich [slow roasted pork that is cooked with BBQ sauce] which came with a side of cole slaw and the Pub's special chips [thin potato slices that are deep fried and covered with a coating that is somewhat sweet. Even though I don't like potatoes, I do enjoy potato chips, and these were especially good.

In addition, we ordered their famous Crispy Onion Strings, which is onion rings that are not actually ring but very thin sticks piled up high to resemble a haystack. We ordered the ones that were sprinkled with garlic parmesan cheese.

Other items on the menu of interest were:

Chicken Wings and Chicken Tenders
Baked Pretzels
Calamari
Quesadillas
Spinach N/ Artichoke Dip
Mini Munchies [your choice of three mini sandwich such as Grilled Cheese Burger, Pulled BBQ Pork, and Portabella Mushroom
Salads
Fish N' Chips
Cajun Meat Loaf
Soft Tacos

Address: 3535 North Clark Street, Chicago
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 773.832.9040
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: American

• Written Apr 14, 2007

Comments

deecat Lives Here!

deecat

Have you been to Chicago?