Le Chandelier: "French Food with a Spanish Accent" Top 5 Page for this destination San José Restaurant Tip by Stephen-KarenConn

San José Restaurants: 58 reviews and 51 photos

Le Chandelier

Le Chandelier
      Karen in front of Le Chandelier
      My lunch at Le Chandelier
      Karen & Stephen at Le Chandelier
    by Stephen-KarenConn

I have been told that Le Chandelier is the classiest restaurant in Costa Rica. Whether that is so or not, it happened to be the place our group was taken for lunch on the day of our San Jose tour.

The thing I didn't like about it is that our busload of about 40 people was ushered into our own private dining room so we did not get an authentic experience of eating here. Still it was interesting. At our table for eight there were four couples, the others being from Alabama, Vermont and the Netherlands, so we still had an international dining experience with good conversation.

The restaurant is said to have an extensive wine list and excellent champagnes. Reservations are recommended; major credit cards are accepted.

Hours:
Mon-Fri: 11:30am - 2pm & 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Sat: 6:30pm - 11pm

Favorite Dish: We were served a buffet with a choice of chicken, beef rice, vegetables, breads and a desert. I sampled a little of everything and found it quite satisfactory.

Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Le Chandelier is in San Pedro, 100 meters east and 100 meters south of the ICE building.
Phone: (506) 225 3980
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: French
Website: http://www.cupotico.com/coupons/business/coupon30/coupon30.html

• Updated Apr 12, 2007

Comments

Have you been to San José?