Los Hijos del Sol: "Peruvian Dining in Rome" Los Hijos del Sol Tip by Jeannkelly

Los Hijos del Sol, Rome: 1 reviews and 0 photos

The restaurant is kinda off the center but I do believe that it's frequented by a lot of locals (Peruvians) in the area. The place is found in the building basement and has enough space for big groups.

I bet most of the customers are either Peruvians or Spanish-speakers as when we entered from the moment the waiter greeted us in Spanish and continued to blabber in Spanish thinking that we were locals. I just don't know if I looked more like a Peruvian or that they are used to having Spanish-speaking clients. Or simply I thought it was part of the "guise" to make the place authentically Peruvian.

In the end I begged that the waiter speak some Italian as I ran out of Spanish while ordering our food.

A show band by the way plays latin american rythms on weekend nights.

Favorite Dish: Peruvian food reminded me of Filipino dishes such as their chapas and rice which my friend had while I settled for a plate of Peruvian-style calamares (squid) and gamberoni (shrimps). What took me by surprise was their tartar dressing which was just so yummy, something I have not tasted in ages. That was something.

Plus, one should not underrate their house special antipasto. It was a combination of a lot of things which I highly recommend.

They are close on Tuesdays.

Address: Via Cincinnato, 7
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Porta Furba Area
Phone: 0676988185
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.loshijosdelsol.it

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Written Apr 12, 2007

Comments

Jeannkelly Lives Here!

Jeannkelly

“...learn without limits and love the reality that you build!”

Have you been to Rome?