"Great but expensive" Sheraton Golf Parco De' Medici Hotel & Resort Tip by Henrik_rrb

Sheraton Golf Parco De' Medici Hotel & Resort, Rome: 1,708 reviews and 6 photos

A nice double room, just for me.
by Henrik_rrb
      A nice double room, just for me.
    by Henrik_rrb
      View from the back door.
      My balcony
    by Henrik_rrb
      The room on the first floor-side
    by Henrik_rrb
      Sunset over Rome, seen from the hotel
    by Henrik_rrb

Let's start with the bad things, shall we?
I have never doubted that I during my life at least once would go into the hotel bathroom, and find it filled with cockroaches. But I doubted very much that that moment would come in a 4* Sheraton hotel...
Still that was what met me when I got up late one of the nights to get some water. Was not a very nice feeling to stay there barefoot and suddently see something small and black run around my feet...

Over to the good parts instead then.
The reception staff acted with a great action, transfered me to another room immediately despite the fact that it was 2.30am, and also offered me to bring me my luggage immediately.

Except for this incident above, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel very much. It's a very luxury hotel, with huge rooms, designed in a very relaxing way, very nice bathrooms and great staff that always was very friendly and helpful in any way.

It's located about 20 minutes outside the city center, but from the hotel goes every day, seven times/day, a shuttle bus to the Piazza Venezia, free for the hotel's guests. Just make sure to get a seat on it, as the driver won't allow more people onboard then there are seats. And if the buss if full, you'll have to wait for the next one 1,5 hour later...

That's how we discovered that taxi in Rome actually can be both very nice, and quite cheap. About 20 euro one way to the hotel, so if you're more than two persons I would advice you on that transport.

Bad things about the hotel is the prices. I don't really know the price for a room, as we booked ourselves in on a golf packet, but everything from the restaurant (24 euro for a plate of pasta??) to the minibar (4,50 euro for a bottle of water??) is terribly over priced.

Unique Qualities: The golf course is great, 27 holes in total, with 18 of them used for a European tour competition for ladies every year (BWM Open). Enough said, the course has quality!

The staff are great, always friendly, always with a nice "buongiorno" for their guests, and if there were any problems or questions they will help you out in seconds.

Breakfast was included for us, and for me who is used to none, or terrible, breakfasts in Italian hotels this was a miracle. :)

The hotel has one huge restaurant and one smaller bar. There are also two swimming pools, non-heated, so not open until May, and two tennis courts.
The shuttle bus to the city center is very handy, when there is a seat for everyone.

Address: Viale Parco De Medici 167
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Close to the highway. 20-45 minutes (depending on the traffic) from the city center. Less than 20 minutes from the Fiumcini airport.
Phone: +39 39665288
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.sheratonparcodemedicirome.com

• Updated Apr 14, 2007

“There is always a new place to see.”

Have you been to Rome?