"Go for the bed, stay for the breakfast" Danubius Hotel Regents Park Tip by giselle25

Danubius Hotel Regents Park, London: 1,840 reviews and 0 photos

In late March I spent two pleasant nights here in a standard room on the 9th floor with a very nice view over Regents Park. Initially the hotel assigned me to a room on the second floor of the low-rise annex that overlooks the intersection of Wellington and Park Rds., which was undergoing refurbishing at the time and could only be accessed via what seemed like a "back route" - a maze of cement stairwells and shortcuts. Upon washing my hands in this room, the somewhat grimy sink immediately clogged up so I called the front desk and asked to be assigned a different room (even though they offered to send a repair person up right away). Although the hotel was fully-booked, a male employee at the front desk was extremely helpful in fulfilling my request for a room with a nice view, making several phone calls to housekeeping staff to confirm an available room on a higher floor. If I'd recalled this chap's name, I'd have commended him on the hotel's guest satisfaction card. This hotel looks a bit dated from the outside but the rooms are bright and tastefully appointed with modern furnishings. A solid 4-star hotel, although in my opinion they should let guests have in-room internet access for free.

Unique Qualities: In addition to the plum views over Regents Park, I really enjoyed the giant buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant! I love breakfast foods and am a huge fan of the "Full English" with key vegetarian trimmings. I took it as a personal challenge to eat my way across that buffet both mornings, eating the Full English plus fruit, cheese, croissants and cereal. The female employee who worked as hostess at breakfast was also notably friendly and efficient in seating guests and arranging for tea and coffee service.

Address: 18 Lodge Road, St. John's Wood, London NW8 7JT
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Baker Street/Marylebone. Tube: Baker Street or St. John's Wood.
Phone: +44 20 7722 7722