"Keep your Rucksack Safe !!" Top 5 Page for this destination India Packing List Tip by into-thin-air

India What to Pack: 103 reviews and 42 photos

by into-thin-air

Luggage and bags: If you are travelling Anywhere and using a Rucksack / Backpack as your luggage then I would Strongly recommend that you use some form of Rucksack / Backpack Pro-tector !!This tip is from my own personal experience, as I have had Big Problems having my Rucksack damaged or even destroyed by airlines, particularly on Airport Carousels,
What can happen is that one of the straps can drop in-between the lats on the moving Carousel and then as your Rucksack goes around a corner, the strap gets ripped off, I lost the entire back and carrying system from one of my rucksacks !!
I have tried many of the Rucksack / Backpack Protectors that are available on the market and was disappointed with how they performed, So after having many problems with these decided to design and manufacture my own.
Full details of how this came about are written up on my Nepal page.
So, Obviously my own recommendation would be to get your Rucksack / Backpack Protector from Pro-Tector.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Also, after successfully designing, producing and selling the Rucksack Pro-tector for several years, I have now introduced some new lines such as a Pro-Tector Travel Wallet and a Pro-Tector Document / Valuables Travel Pouch.
If you think that any of the above would be of benefit for yourself on your own travels then please take a look at my web-site at Pro-Tector.

Miscellaneous: The Rucksack Pro-Tector has Many Uses, As in the photo here, We left our Rucksacks at the left luggage office at Mumbai (CST) Railway Station, so we popped them inside the Rucksack Pro-Tector and locked them up so to discourage petty pilfering, when we returned 8 hours later our luggage was safe and untouched :-)

• Written Apr 9, 2007

More What to Pack in India (1)

Comments

into-thin-air Visits Here Frequently!

into-thin-air

“The Best People you Meet, You Meet on the Road !!!”

Have you been to India?