Holle Bolle Gijs: "the "broodje gezond"" Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Restaurant Tip by margaretvn

Netherlands Restaurants: 172 reviews and 159 photos

I would only recommend this old "pub" cafe along the roadside if you smoke because inside it is very smoky or if it is lovely weather and you can sit outside as we did. I would have not gone into it if we had had to sit indoors because I just cannot have smoke with my asthma. The owner was very friendly and helpful. The toilets were clean and well equipped but they did smell a bit.

Favorite Dish: Why I would recommend it for lunch is because we had one of the tastiest "broodje gezond" we have had. A "broodje gezond" is a bread roll with ham, cheese, boiled egg and usually lettuce and tomato. This time the lettuce was replaced by thin slices of crisp fresh tangy apple and the egg was freshly boiled and still warm. So although it was smoky inside and the toilets could of been fresher smelling we were very satisfied with our lunch.

Address: Lopikerstraat 75
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: just out of the old centre
Phone: 0182 386244
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Apr 8, 2007

margaretvn Lives Here!

“I have spread my dreams under your feet....tread softly - you tread on my dreams”

Have you been to Netherlands?