"Westminster Quay" Top 5 Page for this destination New Westminster Tip by Carmanah
New Westminster, Vancouver: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Westminster Quay is a little public market located on the north bank of the Fraser River in the city of New Wesminster.
If you're going to be spending a bit of time in Vancouver (ie: more than 3 days), and you feel you want a change of scenery without leaving Greater Vancouver, New Westminster is probably just the place. You can take the skytrain eastbound out to New Westminster and get off at the New Westminster or the Columbia skytrain stations. Westminster Quay is located on the waterfront.
While not as hectic as Granville Island Public Market, Westminster Quay seems to attract more locals to its fruit and vegetable vendors, bakeries, ice cream shops, butcher shops, fresh fish shops, wine shops, and restaurants.
What's also great about Westminster Quay is that Antique Alley is located right across the street, so you can do some window shopping at the many second hand and antique stores when you want something else to do.
Address: New Westminster, BC
More Off The Beaten Path in Vancouver (18)
More Reviews (219)
- See All Using US dollars in Vancouver
- See All Fall clothing
- See All A convenient central downtown location
- See All UBC Apple Festival
- See All A monthly nightlife event for art lovers
- See All A local secret and the best patio in the...
- See All Chinatown at night? Don't bother!
- See All Grouse Mountain is not your only...
- See All A tribute to the 2010 Olympics
- See All The SeaBus
- See All Boating around Vancouver
Been to Vancouver?Share your travels with the world!
Carmanah's Related Pages
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels