"One week in Apartment in Nerja" Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Favorite Tip by deecat
Spain Favorites: 559 reviews and 475 photos
Favorite thing: Photographs:
1. Sandy and Allan on Nerja's "Balcony of Europe"
2. Allan in garden of Paradore Nerja
3. Dee on walk back from Nerja to our apartment
4. Two shots of Sandy on her way back from a shopping spree in Nerja
5. Allan overlooking Nerja [Costa del Sol]
Allan, our friend Sandy and I spent one week in an apartment that we rented in Nerja that was called Nerja Villa. It overlooked the Mediterranean Sea!
It had two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen, and a living room. In addition, it had a huge patio that looked out over the sea. This terrace had cushioned chairs for sunning [which I used on one particularly warm afternoon
It would have been fantastic except it had no heat, and while we were there, it was a bit cool so at night we froze.
We had great fun in this beautiful small town of 10,000 people, and if it were warmer weather, the beaches would have been a priority. It's an established resort community that is built on a cliff above sandy beaches and coves. It is at the bottom of the Sierra de Almijara.
From the famous Balcony of Europe, you can see sweeping views up and down the coast. Along this Balcony of Europe is a promenade which has cafes, restaurants, and shops.
Fondest memory: The location was excellent for all of our planned activities:
1. Visiting the "White Villages" in the area
2. Visiting the Parador Nerja and experienced their chocolate dessert that was made for their 70 year anniversary of Paradores in Spain. IT WAS TO DIE FOR!
3. Experienced the "Balcony of Europe in Nerja, which is a plaza that juts out into the sea
4. Exploring the town and beach of Nerja
5. Visiting the Nerja Caves
6. Going on a trip to a relatively nearby Casino
7, Taking a tour trip to Granada and The Alhambra
More Reviews (71)
- See All A Former Cistercian Monastery in...
- See All Food-Related Customs in Spain
- See All Eating Patterns in Spain
- See All We LEASED a Car For Use In Spain
- See All Madrid's Prado Museum
- See All Bullfighting in Spain
- See All Spain is a Great Place to Shop
- Nightlife in Madrid
- See All Guadalajara: Surprisingly Lovely Town
- Topless Bathers in Tossa del Mar; Watch...
- Speak no Spanish? Need this small book
Been to Spain?Share your travels with the world!
deecat's Related Pages
Have you been to Spain?Share Your Travels
Top Spain hotels
- Barcelona Hotels
- 9441 Reviews - 21467 Photos
- Benidorm Hotels
- 439 Reviews - 762 Photos
- Palma de Mallorca Hotels
- 733 Reviews - 1875 Photos
- Torremolinos Hotels
- 436 Reviews - 1576 Photos
- Salou Hotels
- 165 Reviews - 294 Photos
- Madrid Hotels
- 5305 Reviews - 10727 Photos
- Benalmádena Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 395 Photos
- Playa Blanca Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 119 Photos
- Adeje Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Marbella Hotels
- 567 Reviews - 2059 Photos
- Málaga Hotels
- 837 Reviews - 2097 Photos
- Lloret de Mar Hotels
- 142 Reviews - 311 Photos
- Sevilla Hotels
- 2207 Reviews - 5567 Photos
- Alicante Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 1057 Photos
- Alcudia Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 113 Photos