"Morning gymnastics" Korla Local Custom Tip by kokoryko

Korla Local Customs: 4 reviews and 20 photos

"Cheer leaders"

"Cheer leaders"
    by kokoryko
      View from the hotel room
      With the swords
      All on same tempo!
      Individualist !
    by kokoryko

8:00 morning, I hear music from my hotel room; it comes from the big square in front. A short walk before breakfast. Lots of people are making collective gymnastics; several groups of 5 to 50 or more persons with or without music are keeping fit!! It is always strange for me, as a westerner (and a almost pathologic individualist) to see groups performing together. Here in Korla, there are young groups with “leaders” on a stage, other groups wearing the same uniform, smaller groups, making not exactly gymnastic, but rather something which looks like “kata” (the Karate movements), but in a slow decomposed way. . . .
This behaviour is interesting to watch at but I do not understand this mentality to do things same time, same day, same place, with same persons, . . . . well other places other
behaviours, usages, cultures. . .

Main picture: ”Cheer leaders” on the stage and the crowd, following the movements.
Picture 2: Martial music woke me up and seeing this from my window awoke my curiosity
Picture 3: Gymnastics with swords seems also something popular.
Picture 4: The whole crowd tries to keep in the same tempo; I hardly can imagine this in south west France (here I am sure!!) and many other places in Europe!
Picture 5: But there are some individualists it seems, or did he miss the morning session and is catching up?

• Updated Apr 7, 2007

Comments

kokoryko

“Il me plait de courir sans but et sans raison . . . .”

Have you been to Korla?