"Linderhof - other things" Top 5 Page for this destination Trip to Linderhof Castle Tip by iandsmith

Trip to Linderhof Castle, Füssen: 5 reviews and 20 photos

The man made watercourses
      The man made watercourses
  • Linderhof - other things - Fussen
      You may well ask what I'm doing here
    by iandsmith

The Brunnenkopf Trail to Brunnenkopfhauser is one thing you might also want to consider doing, or not, while you're at Linderhof.
I have to say that, being Australian, I'm used to natural watercourses doing their thing and I found that man's intervention in putting down concrete channels for the water to flow somehow took the gloss off the natural feel of the place.
Still, when you catch glimpses of snow capped mountain peaks between the boughs of mature conifers, there is a certain magic to walking in Bavaria.
I still love the sounds of nature, the whirring through the trees of the wind and splashing of water down the concourses takes away all the troubles of life and makes taking of refreshments at the end of it even more pleasant.
There's a hotel that serves Linderhof well though I can imagine it could well be crowded in tourist season.
I found it very relaxing and the food very tasty, even had my picture taken at the bar with a Bavarian hat, one of which is supplied if you order certain dishes off the menu.
The bar has a hookah and Turkish theme which sort of seems out of character with the Linderhof experience but worked quite well for me.

• Written Apr 6, 2007

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Füssen?