"Kiev Conservatory" Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Favorite Tip by OlenaKyiv
Kiev General: 194 reviews and 269 photos
Favorite thing: The building of Conservatory was built in 1897 as a hotel Continental for opening of agricaltural exhibition. The project was ordered to two architects georgiy Shleyher and Eduard Bratman. Later Gorodeckiy joined them. The name of street that time was Nikolayevskaya. During World War II only outside structure was left from Kontinental. After war instead of building a new building for conservatory Kiev's administration decided to renovate Kontinental. In 1955-58 the building was rebuilt with efforts of Katok and Krasniy.
Location: On Independence Square
More Reviews (59)
- See All Do Ukrainians eat ethnic cuisine?
- See All What you should notice in St. Sophia
- See All The best home-cooked food
- See All Babiy Yar - not only in Kiev
- See All Getting around by a taxi