"Cypress Mountain" Top 5 Page for this destination Cypress Mountain Tip by Carmanah
Cypress Mountain, Vancouver: 5 reviews and 5 photos
While most tourists are encouraged by Tourism Vancouver to pay money to take a gondola up to the top of Grouse Mountain, if you have a car - forget it! Drive your car over the Lions Gate Bridge (from downtown Vancouver) and follow Hwy 99 northbound. Take the Cypress Provincial Park exit (a short 10 minute drive later), and you'll start driving up a very scenic road to the top of Cypress Mountain. Here I am in June of 1995 at the main lookout point on Cypress Mountain. On clear days not only can you see all of Greater Vancouver, but you can see as far as Mount Baker, in Washington state.
Be sure to come here on a sunny day for then you'll get stunning views of the city and the surrounding geography.
Also, Cypress offers skiing in the winter, and great hiking and mountain biking in the summer months. Either season, Cypress is a fun place to be!
Address: West Vancouver, BC
More Off The Beaten Path in Vancouver (18)
More Reviews (219)
- See All Using US dollars in Vancouver
- See All Fall clothing
- See All A convenient central downtown location
- See All UBC Apple Festival
- See All A monthly nightlife event for art lovers
- See All A local secret and the best patio in the...
- See All Chinatown at night? Don't bother!
- See All Grouse Mountain is not your only...
- See All A tribute to the 2010 Olympics
- See All The SeaBus
- See All Boating around Vancouver
Been to Vancouver?Share your travels with the world!
Carmanah's Related Pages
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels