VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Ukrainian Conference and Exhibition Hall" Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Favorite Tip by OlenaKyiv

Kiev General: 194 reviews and 269 photos

Ukrainian Conference and Exhibition Hall
by OlenaKyiv

Favorite thing: Built in 1982, this monumental building was original erected as a Lenin's Museum, displaying materials documenting Lenin's life. It is interesting to note, that Lenin has never visited Kiev in his entire lifetime.

Many pupils (school students) did swear here to be a good member of Children of October, Pioneer or Komsomol Youth Organizations. They were three organizations for youth of school age (Komsomol was for university students as well). I don’t remember the age limits for each organization. But swearing for being devoted member of an organization was a holiday for many students. I should admit I was one of them. It was such times.

Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the building was renamed and converted to a conference and exhibition hall. If I am not mistaken there is nothing to see inside among exhibits, unless you want to visit one of sales over there, which happen very often.

Fondest memory: When I was 7 years old, I had a ceremony of acceptance to Organization of Children of October (oktyabryata). This building is still Lenin’s Museum for me, although I am a buyer on exhibition-sales of Ukrainian and foreign products there.

• Updated Apr 5, 2007

Comments

OlenaKyiv

“I know that I know nothing”

Have you been to Kiev?