"Viva Wyndham Azteca" Top 5 Page for this destination Viva Wyndham Azteca All-Inclusive Tip by Kaspian

Viva Wyndham Azteca All-Inclusive, Playa del Carmen: 963 reviews and 15 photos

Viva Wyndham Azteca (2007)
by Kaspian

Viva Wyndham Azteca (2007)
    by Kaspian
      Viva Wyndham Azteca - Pool (2007)
    by Kaspian
      Viva Wyndham Azteca - Beach (2007)
    by Kaspian
      Viva Wyndham Azteca - Bedroom (2007)
    by Kaspian
      Viva Wyndham Azteca - Salsa Lessons (2007)
    by Kaspian

Lunacella is a statuesque, stunning, young Italian woman with curly dark hair and bright green eyes. I am convinced that she's made it her personal mission this week to drive me crazy.
Standing at the cozy open-air beach bar waiting for a drink, minding my own business, I turn around to see her facing me, inches away--nose-to-nose. "Ciao!" She says, with a perfect white smile to my surprised look. She struts away in her Mediterranean-blue bikini chuckling to herself.
The Viva Wyndam Azteca is a great little resort. In truth, it's almost not large enough to be called a resort--even the rooms furthest from the ocean are under a 3-minute walk to the beach. Looking up and down the coastline I'm happy because this place is the only hotel that still has a beach at all. Many were washed away during Hurricane Emily several years ago.
On check-in, I complained that the "superior room" I paid a bit extra for was not very superior at all. It's on the ground floor and faces a tree grove. They tell me at the desk that "superior" only means "two beds". I give up arguing and come to love my peaceful palm grove within days. Although the bathroom fixtures looked a little old, the hotel's rooms are kept very clean. The maids even show up in the evening for a bed turn-down service.
The buffet is one of the best of any resort I've visited. I didn't bother to book one of the 4 "a la carte" restaurants because regular meals were so excellent. The wait staff are quick and friendly, but it was sometimes difficult to get a coffee.
The town of Playa del Carmen is only a 20-minute walk from here and the resort has bicycles you can use for free. My travel companion and I had tons of fun exploring the area!
Although the resort's nightly shows leave something to be desired, the daily activities are plentiful--exercise, dancing, and Spanish lessons.
Thanks to this place, the sun and sand, and the beautiful Roman goddess playing hide-and-seek with me, my winter funk is completely lifted over the course of a week. Viva Azteca! Viva Lunacella!

Unique Qualities: Only two miles from Playa del Carmen, free use of bicycles, well kept pool, and you can use the facilities and restaurants of the "Viva Wyndam Maya" resort located only minutes down the street.

Address: Paseo Xaman Ha No. 8 Fracc, Playa Del Carmen, Quin
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In Playacar. A 20 minute walk from Playa del Carmen.
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/CZMVA/main.wnt

• Updated Jan 25, 2012

Comments

Kaspian

“Be epic!”

Have you been to Playa del Carmen?