"Bowen Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Bowen Island Tip by Carmanah
Bowen Island, Vancouver: 5 reviews and 10 photos
Bowen Island is a cute little island located north-west of Vancouver in the middle of Howe Sound. To get here you have to go to Horseshoe Bay (a 15 minute drive from downtown Vancouver), and then you have to take a little ferry across to get to the island.
Bowen Island has several parks and the tiny town of Snug Cove, however, many of its residents live their year round and commute into Vancouver on a daily basis for work. Bowen Island offers amazing views of the Strait of Georgia and the local Coast Mountains (ie: Whistler). If you're looking for a quiet island retreat within an hour's drive from Vancouver, or if you don't have enough time to get out to the Gulf Islands or Vancouver Island, Bowen Island might give you a taste of relaxed west-coast BC life.
The photo was taken in September of 2000 when I went there for a wedding. Snug Cove (the area in the picture) was unbelievably cute! Check out my Bowen Island, British Columbia page for more pictures!
Address: Howe Sound, north-west of Vancouver
Directions: Take a ferry from Horseshoe Bay - it takes 15 minutes
More Off The Beaten Path in Vancouver (18)
More Reviews (219)
- See All Using US dollars in Vancouver
- See All Fall clothing
- See All A convenient central downtown location
- See All UBC Apple Festival
- See All A monthly nightlife event for art lovers
- See All A local secret and the best patio in the...
- See All Chinatown at night? Don't bother!
- See All Grouse Mountain is not your only...
- See All A tribute to the 2010 Olympics
- See All The SeaBus
- See All Boating around Vancouver
Been to Vancouver?Share your travels with the world!
Carmanah's Related Pages
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels