"The longest walk - the down side" Top 5 Page for this destination Berchtesgaden Things to Do Tip by iandsmith

Berchtesgaden Things to Do: 152 reviews and 324 photos

The rock fall
      The rock fall
    by iandsmith
      Foliage that came down with the rocks
      Some were quite large
      Through the pines
    by iandsmith

Thus refreshed again, I eased my way onwards. From here it was obvious that it was downhill all the way and I had had clear vision of my goal for the first time in hours. The view point from whence I had just departed had tables and chairs (just on from where I originally stopped) and would thus make a priceless picnic spot for those who enjoy the forest.
The trail followed contour lines and thus meandered gently down the gradient until I came across total havoc. This had been why they had tape up.
Across the track, obliterating it for about 50 metres, was rock that had rent asunder the foliage from on high as it cleaved its way through the vegetation on its destructive path to the valley.
This was a (pics 1-3) classic example of how the mountains erode and it had happened during the recent violent storm. Taking due care I surmounted and bypassed the obstacles as they arose and continued on, the track, now a road, become more sedate through tall pines as I neared Hintersee. (pic 4)

• Written Apr 3, 2007

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Berchtesgaden?