"Indian Railways to Ernakulam" Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Transportation Tip by cochinjew

Kochi Transportation: 43 reviews and 43 photos

I look forward to the day when Air France will start flying to Cochin from Paris, until then I will Air France from Paris to Bangalore and then take the train ( I really dont wish to fly cheap airlines domestically, such as Air Deccan!) The other pleasant alternative is the one I will do today.
At 9 pm today, I have a reserved ticket on a 2A sleeper class to Ernakulam. the fare is now under 1000 inr ( about 20 usd or 16 euros ). One is able to stretch out and sleep and until Kerala, the train speeds through the sleepy Tamil Nadu. Once the sun breaks the horizon, the train slows down and it is time to enjoy the verdant scenery of Kerala, while the train passes through stations with magical names..
Tea is to be had while the train stops, occasionally one gets idli wrapped in banana leaves. by 11 am, one reaches Ernakulam and I expect to be invited to the buffet, sumptious by any standards, very good Kerala food, my favourite indian food, at the Metropolitan Hotel.
Hag Sameach to all Chaverim Tovim e am israel.. Tomorrow night begins Pesach.

Mode: TO
Type: Train

• Written Apr 1, 2007

“If I am only for myself, what am I ?”

Have you been to Kochi?