"Thieving untrustworthy staff!!!!!" Windsor Plaza Hotel Tip by Mr.Sparkle

Windsor Plaza Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City: 820 reviews and 11 photos

This ?5? star hotel falls short on almost every area you can imagine. For starters, location isn?t so great. District 5 is quite out of the way, but close to China town. Most of the staff seemed quite unprepared to deal with foreign customers and displayed poor hospitality and generally seemed unfriendly.

Unique problems I encountered

1. the massage facility in the hotel short changed me on my 90 minute massage. The lady only worked on me for 70 minutes and then demanded a tip. I refused to tip her and all hell broke lose. At the same time the staff extorted two tips from my girlfriend.

2. I left a tip for the cleaning staff, but I came back early one day and found that my room had not been cleaned and the tip had disappeared. Quite shameful. The hotel had to open two investigations in the 4 days I stayed there.

Good points, there is a free shuttle to and from the city center. They will also provide a free shuttle to the airport, which isn?t too shabby. There a slamming dance club on the 2nd floor when some great looking people. Its close to some out of the way temples and sights. The food isn?t bad, the cakes are especially good.

After all is said and done, I would say give this hotel a miss and try for accommodations that meet a higher standard.

Address: 18 An Duong Vuong Street, District 5
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
othercontact: services@windsorplazahotel.com
Phone: 843-833-6688
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.windsorplazahotel.com

• Updated Mar 31, 2007

Comments

Mr.Sparkle

“Never go the same way twice!”

Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?