"El Paso downtown" Top 5 Page for this destination Downtown El Paso Tip by matcrazy1
Downtown El Paso, El Paso: 7 reviews and 12 photos
El Paso downtown consists of three parts of which only the first one is worth of seeing on foot, the other two parts have a few attractions to see but walking there is not a fan in my opinion:
1. The compact oldest part (El Paso Street, Overland and San Antonio Avenue) with 1 to 3-story old and mostly pretty renovated buildings, shops, restaurants and cute old-style street lamps.
2. Modern part around Civic Center Plaza with museums, theater, library etc. (read my next tip)
3. The typical American city with a few high rise buildings which form city skyline.
Other tourist attractions are located outside downtown in numerous, sometimes very far, neighborhoods and you have to drive there or use public transportation to get there.
Address: El Paso, TX 79901
Directions: From I-10 follow the signs to Downtown or Convention Center. Map here
Phone: +1 (800) 351-6024 toll free
More Things to Do in El Paso (6)
More Reviews (16)
- See All White Sands Missile Range (65 miles)
- See All Mexican majority and shopping in...
- Far neighborhoods and summer floodings
- Hot summers, dry area!
- I skipped Fort Bliss and others :-(
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to El Paso?Share Your Travels