Woodlands Restaurants (sic): "Vegetarian Indian Cuisine" Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Restaurant Tip by etfromnc

Charlotte Restaurants: 184 reviews and 94 photos

Taken shortly before I left for Afghanistan
by etfromnc

You probably have to be looking for this restaurant to go there. It is not in a restaurant nor entertainment district. It does not have any fancy signs out front and, to my knowledge, it does not do any significant advertising. BUT, it does have a niche and I was a bit surprised that it was not any busier than it was.

It is a vegetarian East (their description, not mine) Asian restaurant featuring Indian cuisine but also offering dishes from other Asian nations.

Favorite Dish: I am not a vegetarian so there could be an argument that I should not rate this restaurant. I will not frequent the Woodlands but the food was acceptable. I have tried their vegetarian fried rice, their spring rolls, and a delightful sweet corn soup. I do love corn but I also enjoy vegetarian fried rice and spring rolls but here the corn soup was my favorite. It was sweeter than what we call "sweet corn" in the southern USA but was not so sweet as to be like a dessert. I enjoyed it and if I ever have occasion to return, I will eat a double serving of their sweet corn soup. Their spring rolls were too delicate and the vegetables in the fried rice were very sparse.

Address: 7128A Albemarle Road
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: A couple blocks east of the intersection of Albemarle Rd and W T Harris Blvd, on the right
Phone: (704) 569-9193
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 2
Theme: Indian

• Updated Dec 16, 2009

etfromnc Used To Live Here!

“Too blessed to be stressed”

Have you been to Charlotte?