"Cunda Island - The Bayside" Ayvalik Things to Do Tip by June.b

Ayvalik Things to Do: 50 reviews and 128 photos

Fisherman at Cunda
  • Cunda Island - The Bayside - Ayvalik
  • Cunda Island - The Bayside - Ayvalik

As I was saying in my previous tip... I was mad at my local friends for not telling me that we are about to walk 5 to 6 kilometers from the centre of Ayvalik to Cunda Island. I thought we were just strolling along the boardwalk, I only found out when we were already halfway.... and yes...there is a bus.

Well, they wanted me to practice my photo-shooting expertise (?)....as I was taking photos every now and then. It was worth it, though I got a little tired, because there are lots of good views around the area that you may not be able to see if you'll take a ride.

Cunda Island is very nice, with it's boardwalk restaurants and a nice view of the bay and watch fishermen doing their thing in the morning.

Most tourists are locals and maybe some Greeks from the nearby greek island.

CUNDA is a part of the Ayvalik Island group and the biggest of them all.

Going back to Ayvalik centre from Cunda - we hitched a ride, well, not really that hard to get a free ride.

An old pick-up truck stopped over and gave us a ride til Ayvalik central.... really nice people...Turkish.

• Updated Mar 19, 2007

“Traveling is the best education there is...and the most expensive one, and no graduation. (Quote me)”

Have you been to Ayvalik?