Glowbal Grill and Satay: "Hip and Trendy but what about the food?" Glowbal Grill and Satay Tip by aqazi

Glowbal Grill and Satay, Vancouver: 2 reviews and 0 photos

The Glowbal Grill and Satay Bar is now a couple of years old and its funny that its taken me a while to get here. Anyway its slap bangin the middle of the trandy Yaletown district and seems to be busy most nights. They have a small bar (AfterGlow) at the back of the restaurant too.The food is a fusion mix of everything. We sampled a satay platter which I was looking forward to. Ever since my trip to Malaysia I fallen in love with satay. Unfortunatley Glowbal doesn't do a good job of serving up what is supposed to be street food. The satay seemed pretentious and bland. Entres were better and the steaks were especially good. Entre portions are on the small side but after the dessert you'll be pretty full. service was pretty good but prices are on the high side. To summerise this place is alright, the food however I don't think is up to sctratch and the satay thing seems to be an attempt to differentiate the place rather than serve up the worlds best satay. This place would make a special occasion but don't hold your breath for some special SE Asian cuisine, but expect the usual fusion "I'm not sure what this" affair.

Address: 1079 Mainland Street
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: near Mini Yaletown
Phone: 604-602-0835
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 3
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.glowbalgrill.com

• Updated Mar 18, 2007

Comments

aqazi Lives Here!

aqazi

“Take me with you!”

Have you been to Vancouver?