Pergola Holiday Club: "Top class but cold rooms" Mellieha Hotel Tip by Kjelleman

Mellieha Hotels: 21 reviews and 40 photos

My wife, my mother and myself went to Pergola for five days mid March 2007. Mellieha is a beautiful coast town (village) North in Malta. The last village before the ferry to Gozo.

Around 7500 people lives in Mellieha and I have no idea how many of these are Malteese and how many are foreign tourists. Of the tourist 85% seems to be pensioners. Some of these have moved to Malta for the cold northern winter months.

Pergola Hotel & Apartments was a nice surprise with some smaller minuses. And I will start with the minuses. We had two apartments:

Cold rooms
Small tv`s
Restaurant prices not in touch with room meny prices (overcharged ??)
Also we booked through Expedia and were promised a fruit basket upon arrival. No fruit basket was to be seen.

And then the positives:
Big rooms - nice size livingroom with kitchen and dinner table. Good size bathroom and bedroom. A really fantastisk balcony with view of the village and all the way to Gozo.

Pergola have its own Spa and swimmingpool which was top class. My mother and my wife really enjoyed the Spa treatment.

Friendly reception and cleaners. There were no noise at all. Really good buffet breakfast that we enjoyed.

I will rate this hotel & apartment high on the list of the hotels I have visited. A place I warmly can recommend - but be aware of ordering dinner to your room (check and ask for the correct prices).

Unique Qualities: Spa
Big rooms
View of the village
Short distance to the main street

Address: New Bridge Street, Mellieha MLH
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Just of the main shopping street.
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Mar 18, 2007

Kjelleman's Related Pages

Ranked Member

Have you been to Mellieha?