Bull & Bear Pub and Restaurant: "Don't miss the original German Food" Shanghai Restaurant Tip by hans88

Shanghai Restaurants: 439 reviews and 749 photos

I lived in a hotel on the new area (Pudong) in Shanghai for two weeks. A friend told me I should go to Bull & Bear for a dinner, instead to take a taxi to the other side of the river through the tunnel, There is always traffic jam. So I did.
When I first entered, i got the feeling to leave the crowed China and come to a elegant small European place, where you feel home. Nevertheless it is not a fine dining restaurant. A lot of dishes are original German home cooking dishes, but the Menu contains also a selection of other kind of food (Burger, Hot Dogs, Pizza, Steak...) . Some English people told me, that they like specially the English breakfast here. After 9pm the Restaurant changes and gets more the character of a European pub. The collection of beers is great and I could get a real German Pils. If there are enough people, the 'beer stock market' starts. It means the prices for drinks change, depending on the actual consumption. If you are fastyou can get a dring for a very good price. Everyone enjoyed this 'game'. So I stayed longer and enjoyed the talking with other European and the music of the 50th and 60th. I came only for a late dinner and left at 12pm! It became a regular place to eat and enjoy.
Bull & Bear is located together with other bars and restaurants. The environment can be compared with Xintiandi. European style buildings and tables outside of the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: As German I choose the famous Curry Sausage and I enjoyed the taste, which was the same as in my hometown. The price is reasonable.

Address: Pudong Da Dao 950, Shanghai, Pudong
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: near to taoling street
Phone: 50931655
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: German/Austrian

• Updated Mar 18, 2007

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Shanghai?