The Hard Rock Café: "It's touristy, but it makes for a fine memory!" Paris Restaurant Tip by Carmanah

Paris Restaurants: 2,613 reviews and 3,310 photos

Wade, Meaghan, Christina, Justin, me, and Laurie
by Carmanah

Nobody could have stopped me from going to the Hard Rock Café on my last day in Paris. I had staked out its location on Boulevard Montmatre for over a week and I was really excited about the prospect of going there. You see, I had never actually been to a Hard Rock Café before. I had these wonderfully romantic notions of what it could be like. I was sort of the unofficial music guru of my high school - playing guitar, going to concerts, and having a bizarre encyclopedic knowledge of contemporary rock music. So, with this mindframe, nobody was going to pull me away from this experience!

However, the only thing that tempted me away from the Hard Rock Café was a group of fellow music lovers who were planning to take the Metro east-bound to the Père Lachaise cemetary to look at Jim Morrison's grave. While I was definitely interested, for some reason the Hard Rock Café appealed to me more.

So, during our last day in Paris during our only few hours of spare time that we had (without teacher supervision!), I, along with 5 of my friends had lunch at the Hard Rock Café. We stuffed ourselves with burgers and enjoyed the music memorabilia and our happy-go-lucky server. What was unexpected, however, was the lack of hard rock. I remember hearing a Céline Dion song playing there, and it seemed so out of place!

We then, suckered in by it all, purchased Hard Rock Café Paris souvenirs to bring home. I bought an over-sized limited edition Hard Rock Café Paris t-shirt that had all the members of Aerosmith's autographs lithographed on the back.

Favorite Dish: The burgers were large, tasty, and were served with a pile of fries. The menu offered typically American diner food. Generally I'm not a fan of chains when I'm travelling, but when you're 14, you're hungry, you're with friends, the Hard Rock Café Paris is the best place in the world!

Address: 14 Boulevard Montmartre, Paris 75009, France
othercontact: paris_sales_coord@hardrock.com
Phone: 0033 1 53 24 60 00
Rating: 0
Theme: American

• Updated Oct 13, 2006

Comments

Carmanah

“You only live once!”