"Nice place to stay, the Sheraton" Sheraton Taipei Hotel Tip by meteortorrey

Sheraton Taipei Hotel, Taipei: 1,157 reviews and 5 photos

From the moment the doorman opened the hire-car door I was impressed. Very nice lobby, if a little bit strange in layout. All staff were extremely pleasant, even to me: a young-ish American with ear rings and very casual attire. The room was spotless except for a very dirty window (outside surface). Oranges left each day were a nice touch.
Only one gripe: with the open yet enclosed attrium, there was a lot of buffet/bar noise spiraling upwards and sneaking into my room. Light sleepers be warned.
Due to an impossibly early departure from Taipei, I had the joy of checking out at 4am. That's evidently when the marble floor polishers are in action. While waiting for my hire-car, I watched. The attention to detail was evident and appreciated. Someone runs a tight ship at the Sheraton Taipei. I will be back.

Unique Qualities: Great collection of cars parked out front. To me (a "car guy"), coming up to the drive of the hotel and seeing BMW 7 series, Porsches, big black Benz's and a GT Continental make me want to stay there again, even if my company will only pay for the entry level room and chicken over primerib...

Address: 12 Chung Hsiao East Rd Sec 1 R.O.C Taipei
Directions: Easy MRT ride and 15 minute walk get you to Taipei 101, the world's tallest building. Definitely worth the money to check out the observation deck.
Concierge provided perfect instructions.

Phone: 886 2 2321 5511