Leona's: "55 Years in Chicago" Top 5 Page for this destination Leona's Tip by deecat

Leona's, Chicago: 6 reviews and 7 photos

Leona's in Roger's Park, Chicago

Leona's in Roger's Park, Chicago
      Thin Pizza at Leona's
      Room inside Leona's
      Another Room Inside Leona's
      Beautiful Lights in Leona's

Photographs:

1. Outside view of Leona's.
2. Our mushroom, onion, pepperoni thin-crust pizza.
3. Inside Leona's.
4. Another room inside Leona's.
5. Beautiful stained glass lights in Leona's.

On a cold March afternoon in 2007, my husband Allan and I were perusing the Roger's Park East area of Chicago checking our areas for our daughter Jill's family.
We were starving after walking for a few hours, so we decided to have a salad and pizza at Leona's Restaurant in East Roger's Park.

It was a good choice for us. We like pizza, usually deep dish; however, we also enjoy thin pizza. Since we had never tried the thin pizza at Leona's, we ordered it this day. In addition, we each ordered a small salad [which was not so small].

Our waitress was quite friendly. She was also quite efficient.

Leona's has been in the Chicago area for over 55 years. It advertises itself as an "Old School Italian! Abundant American. [Closet Vegetarian]."

It has such an unique menu with plenty of appetizers, losts of different pastas, a multitude of sandwiches, Dinner Feasts, lots of salads, and "world class pizza"! Leona's also delivers [a big portion of their business].

They have 14 different locations in the Chicago area:
Lakeview, Rogers Park, Wicker Park, River North, Old Irving, Des Plaines, Taylor Street, Oak Park, Hyde Park, Beverly, Oak Lawn, Pill Hill, Calumet City, and Homewood..

Favorite Dish: One of my reasons for ordering the thin versus the deep dish was so that I could have room for Leona's dessert choices. On this day, I decided to share a one-dip sundae..boy, was it huge. I choice the "nutty chocolate". They are famous for their 3-dip sundaes which are really gigantic. We observed a young couple sharing this monstosity...I don't know how they were able to finish it since they had just finished a huge lunch!

Both Allan and I enjoyed our salads, our shared pizza with mushrooms, onions, and pepperoni. But, we really loved sharing our one-dip nutty chocolate sundae.

Address: 6935 North Sheridan
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 1-773-764-5757
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.leonas.com/

• Updated Mar 9, 2007

Comments

deecat Lives Here!

deecat

Have you been to Chicago?