"the Black Taxi of London" Taxis Tip by Manyana

taxi at night
      spot the taxi here?
      taxi taxi
    by Manyana

Taxis are absolutely hilariously expensive in London. A fifteen-minute ride may cost you £10 or more depending on traffic. When I lived in Central London, wanted to give myself a treat so I took a taxi from Heathrow to Angel and that was only 45-minute journey. It costed me around £67. Luckily there was no much traffic as the price could have been much higher!

They are handy if there are no buses or tubes running for any technical or maintenance problems, and when it's raining of course! actually i like them because they're quite spacious and cozy and disability-friendly too.

I should admit that black taxis are to be an English heritage, specially made for commuting within London. That's something;^) Sometimes I get annoyed when i see all these taxis full and covered by commercial ads that make them look blue, pink or tropical. I just don't like them to be that fake! Go black, go original, i'd prefer it pretty much. Surprisingly, i've never taken a serious photo of taxis! apart from the random taxis appearing in my photos!

Type: Car/Motor Home

• Written Mar 7, 2007

Manyana Lives Here!

“"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but how to dance in the rain"”

Have you been to London?