Ilios Noche: "Hip Modern Greek/Italian" Charlotte Restaurant Tip by Deborahtnc

Charlotte Restaurants: 184 reviews and 94 photos

This classy little restaurant is crowded, noisy and lots of fun. The bar has an extensive wine list as well as a long list of beers and special martinis.
We got there at 6:30 on a Saturday night and did not expect to need a reservation that early but the wait was 40 min!, so we ate at the bar. The seats were very comfortable and the bartender was most entertaining and the service at the bar was excellent. By the time we left at 8:30, the place was packed and for good reason.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the sampler of four delicious greek dips. The pita is grill cooked and smokey. I did not care for the mussells (in a tomato sauce) that we ordered but my companion loved them. It was served with a delicious cakey bread. We also had the arugula salad which has a tart & tangy lemon dressing. The pizza looked wonderful but we were too full from the overabundance of bread served with each dish. Most memorable for me was the "martini" I had for dessert. It's called the Hercules and involves Ouzo, Ketel One and Chambourd...I suppose I should have known better but I was really curious. Remember those Good'n'Plenty Licorice candies from the movies?...Best spanikopita in town, plus they serve Mythos beer and have a real Greek salad (no lettuce). Pasta sauces are great, not too heavy.

Address: 11508 Providence Road, Suite I
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On Providence in the Harris Teeter shopping center at the intersection of Ardrey Kell. Take the Providence Rd. exit off 485 take a right if you are going east and look for the Harris Teeter on the right.
Phone: 704-814-9882
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Written Mar 4, 2007

More Restaurants in Charlotte (1)

Deborahtnc Visits Here Frequently!

“Smile & nod”

Have you been to Charlotte?