"For chocoholics" Chocolates Tip by toonsarah

Chocolates, Brussels: 57 reviews and 79 photos

Chocolate shop near the Grand Place
by toonsarah

Elsewhere I’ve enthused about the Belgian beer, but I realise that this isn’t to everyone’s taste. However, surely we all like chocolate? And in my opinion Belgian chocolate is hard to beat, especially if, like me, you prefer your chocolate dark and bitter and packed with cocoa flavour! And in Brussels you’ll be assailed by chocolate smells and chocolate tasting opportunities all over the city centre, so it would be really churlish not to at least sample a little bit, wouldn’t it?

In fact, so keen are the shops for you to try their offerings that you’ll find people handing out vouchers for a free chocolate or inviting you into a shop to taste one. And once inside, of course you will want to buy! We succumbed, of course, and bought some treats for friends and family – and OK, I confess, a few goodies for ourselves too!

What to pay: The best chocolate isn't cheap but it is exceptionally good. In my view it's better to buy a little less and pay more for it - better for your taste-buds and your waistline, that is!

Theme: Food and Drink

• Written Mar 4, 2007

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to Brussels?