Yeng Keng Hotel, Swiss Hotel, Cathay Hotel, etc: "Old Mansions Converted to Backpacker Hotel" Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Hotel Tip by SLLiew
Penang Hotels: 306 reviews and 438 photos
Along Chulia Street, Love Lane, Leith Street and adjoining Streets in this part of George Town, there are several old mansions with courtyards that converted into budget and backpackers accommodation.
Example are Yeng Keng Hotel (Chulia Street), Swiss Hotel (Chulia Street) , Cathay Hotel (Leith Street) to name a few. You can get air con, ceiling fan, attached or common bathrooms or bunk beds to match your budget.
Most have their small cafes for meals but there are plenty of choices of restaurants, street stalls and coffee shops to choose from.
Take your time to check the rooms available. If you are coming by van from Bangkok via Haadyai in the evening, very often the van will take you to their choice but you can check the rooms out. You can always stay for a night and look for a better one the next day.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
More Hotels in Penang (17)
More Reviews (204)
- See All Sam Poh Footprint Temple, Batu Maung
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels