Mainland China- Chinese New Year!!: "Best of Chinese Food- Part IV" Top 5 Page for this destination Kolkata (Calcutta) Restaurant Tip by goutammitra

Kolkata (Calcutta) Restaurants: 136 reviews and 489 photos

Us at Mainland China.
      Us at Mainland China.
    by goutammitra
      The Starter dish on the house.
    by goutammitra
  • Best of Chinese  Food- Part IV - Kolkata (Calcutta)
  • Best of Chinese  Food- Part IV - Kolkata (Calcutta)
      Hostess Tabassum with Vikram and me.
    by goutammitra

Since we love Chinese food, during the celebration of Chinese New Year we decided to visit Mainland China again. We too Rakhi's brother, sister in law and their Engineer son ( they live in St.Lois, USA) to taste the food of Mainland China. Compared to our last experience this time it was great experience!! We ordered two starters with Draught Beer and got two Black Dog whiskey on the house, there was one starter on the house too and unlimited supply of Chinese tea. All these came with highly improved service from the crew. Now I feel all of them know me very well as from the greetings it was evident.

After our last visit on 14th Jan, I wrote to their owner mr. Chatterjee at Bombay about the behaviour of the crew( as I felt it was snob), their Marketing Manager Mr. Firoz Sadri called and listened to my feelings carefully. It seems he surely has taken corrective action! We really enjoyed our meal along with our relatives from abroad. My favourite Draught Beer is also back again. We are proud of Mr.Asish Chatterjee a fellow Bengali Enterprenure, for taking his venture to this hight! It was a real great experience! It would have been better if the local manager had given me a call!!

Favorite Dish: we had seven dishes in all . to be explained later.

Address: Gurusaday Road, Kolkata.
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum

• Written Feb 27, 2007

goutammitra Lives Here!

“Thanks Daniel & Giampiero for the Tee Shirt!”

Have you been to Kolkata (Calcutta)?