"Driving up Mt. Erskine" Top 5 Page for this destination Information & Sources Tip by SLLiew
Information & Sources, Penang: 11 reviews and 19 photos
There is a short cut from Gottlieb Road and Burmah Road junction up to Mt. Erskine and onward to Tanjung Bungah. You will by-pass the busy Gurney Drive roundabout and Tanjong Tokong.
First you cut through the Chinese cemetries with a seaview on your right. Then you will pass the housing estates Fettes Park and Pepper Estate. Then up the winding road to Mt. Erskine which has a spectacle twin water reservoir. Remember we keep to the left in Malaysia.
Then it is downhill through the "dangerous" tree lined curves to Tanjung Bungah. You will pass by "TAR College", a popular private college. Then pass by an Indian temple and the housing estate of Pearl Hill before reaching the main coastal road from Tanjung Bungah to Batu Ferringhi.
It is a fun drive but drive safely.
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels