Gravitas: "Gourmet food but too noisy" Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Restaurant Tip by XenoHumph
Houston Restaurants: 273 reviews and 220 photos
This restaurant has gourmet food AND big portions. Our meal was excellent and the service is very good. The kitchen is open to the main room so you can see the cooks which is fun. So it pains me to have to put some negativity in this review. But, it was so noisy that i couldn't hear myself speak and you have to shout to try to have a conversation. The noise simply comes from everyone's conversation as I guess the walls and ceiling/floor are very reflective. They need to put in some carpets!! I also went a Saturday night, and the restaurant was full. Maybe a week night would have been more quiet. Cigarette smoke from the bar drifted in the main room which was annoying as well.
Favorite Dish: The first courses are huge and I was already full after my risotto (delicious). The mussels and fries I had as entrée were excellent and my friends had steak, chicken and lamb and all loved it. We had great wines. The wine list is extensive and includes a high-end list where bottles cost more than $100.
Address: 807 Taft st, Houston, TX77019
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Just South of Allen Parkway, East of Montrose. Old brick building along Taft St.
More Restaurants in Houston (31)
More Reviews (69)
- See All Haak Winery, South of Houston
- See All Go for the butterflies @ the M. of...
- See All Map of Houston: Caption by Alphabetical...
- See All Farmers Markets are coming to Houston!!!
- See All The Revitalization of Downtown Houston
- See All The new Tramway line
- See All Dangerous areas of Houston
- Houston Theater District
- See All Hotel with great view in Clear Lake
- See All Minute Maid Park
- See All Kemah Boardwalk: expensive and nothing...
Been to Houston?Share your travels with the world!
XenoHumph's Related Pages
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels