"My absolute favorite thing to..." Wyoming Favorite Tip by meta4r

Wyoming General: 73 reviews and 75 photos

Favorite thing: My absolute favorite thing to do in Wyoming is to soak in the Hobo Pool at Saratoga. It is not the most beautiful hot spring in the world but I find it to be very healing.

Fondest memory: Recovering at the Hobo Pool in Saratoga from the muddy trail I hurt my back on in Glacier National Park. Or maybe when I was hitching and caught a ride with a park ranger in Yellowstone and we came up on a bear jam and he drove us past all the cars to fifty feet from a huge grizzly. It was grazing beside the road and looked quite peaceful. After a bit , it got up and started to walk in the road. That is when I saw how incredibly muscular and powerful they are as it strutted along. Then it went below the road towards a lake with several ducks on it. The grizzly went into the long reeds on the banks of the lake and you could only tell where he was by how the reeds moved. He got up to the edge of the water and stopped.... soon a duck came by right in front of him and he lunged Out to catch it. He missed and the duck jumped screaming, it hopped three times across the lake fast before it took to the air. The grizzly acted like all he meant to do was jump in the lake. He swam to the other side, and as soon as he could stand, used his front paws to splash off his face, walked the rest of the way out of the lake and scrambled up the scree slope on the other side.

• Written Aug 24, 2002

“Travel near, travel far, you will never see it all.”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Wyoming?