"Great Salt Lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Things to Do Tip by Segolily

Utah Things to Do: 361 reviews and 719 photos

Stansbury Island from Great Salt Lake State park
by Segolily

There are so many things to see and do on and around the Great Salt Lake. For the brave you can boat (too salty), or float (too salty and too many brineshrimp). You can walk and walk and walk through its waters trying to get deep enough to try to float. You can hike Stansbury and Antelope Islands. Antelope Island State Park also has biking, and kayak rentals, buffalo roundups, and an old farm with tours and wagon rides, You can visit world renowned landscape art at the Spiral Jetty. Bird watching at Farmington Bay and Bear River Bird Refuge usually offers avocets and Wilson's Phalarope, swifts, eagles and more. Saltair resort hosts concerts from new and off-beat bands. I know I should have an entry for each of these, but right now I'm just thinking overview. I have a love/ ignore kind of relationship with the lake... I love it, but it is so easy to ignore. Yet there is no more beautiful sunset than from its shores, there are no more quiet moments than from its waters. If you want any specific information email me and I'll answer any questions.

othercontact: http://www.xmission.com/~fogsl/

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

Segolily Lives Here!

Segolily

“Till I swim in every ocean...”

Have you been to Utah?