Zum Weissen Rauchfangkehrer: "The White Chimneysweep Restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Zum Weissen Rauchfangkehrer Tip by longsanborn
Zum Weissen Rauchfangkehrer, Vienna: 2 reviews and 4 photos
The restaurant Zum Weissen Rauchfangkehrer is one of Vienna's oldest and most renowned gourmet and fine-dining place.
Incidentally it was also the first restaurant owned by Franz Sacher, the creator of the legendary Sachertorte. You will find the best of Austrian and Viennese cuisine in the most wonderful elegant atmosphere. It is located on Weihburggasse 4, off Kartnerstrasse in the 1st District.
The restaurant has a beautiful interior with an intimate atmosphere. There are 4 elegant rooms, richly furnished. Every guest will be given a cosy private booth. The food is excellent and the Austrian wines served are the best. Service is very professional and the staff speak English.
This is a good place for very special occasions or important business guests. Don't forget to bring your credit cards. Reservations are required.
Opening hours: Tuesdays ? Saturdays from 6 p.m. ? 11.30pm
Favorite Dish: My favorites were the goose liver plate served with warm breads, mini-steaks of beef & grilled vegetables, and the mixed cheese plate. I just loved the food presentations, they were like a work of art. The Austrian wines served with the meal were excellent. In between the courses, I was given mini-dishes to try while waiting for my food. The dinner lasted for 3 hours, but in the end I was full and satisfied.
Address: 1010 Vienna, Weihburggasse 4
Price Comparison: most expensive
othercontact: E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +43-1-512 34 71
Price: US$41 and up
More Restaurants in Vienna (86)
More Reviews (86)
- See All Mozart Balls (Not what you think)
- See All Route change in Tram No. 1 and No. 2
- See All Opposite the VIC/UNO City and Austria...
- See All Visit the Tiergarten Schönbrunn...
- See All Vienna and the Euro 2008
- See All Check out Taborstrasse in Leopoldstadt...
- See All Beware of Handphone Snatchers!
- See All Soft Romances at Museum Quartier
- See All To Tip/Not to Tip? How much? Tough...
- See All Roller Blading in Vienna's Many Parks
- See All Prepare for a Hot, Hot, Hot Summer
- See All Only for the Ladies!
longsanborn's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels