"A Place to Play" Top 5 Page for this destination Dunfermline Things to Do Tip by scottishvisitor

Dunfermline Things to Do: 54 reviews and 145 photos

Pittencrieff Park was once owned by the Lairds of Pittencrieff it was sold to Andrew Carnegie in 1902. He gifted the park to the people of Dunfermline and the generations which followed. I remember fondly visiting the park with my sisters and later with my own children. The wide open green spaces are perfect for boisterous children, there are three childrens' play areas with swings and slides, a paddling pool (in summer) and an aviary to keep all little darlings entertained. The park has formal gardens, a special place for me now, with an impressive Glass Hall Conservatory. The Pavilion restaurant and cafe can provide you with snacks and a welcome cup of tea or coffee, the Pavilion is also popular for corporate events and weddings. My best memories are of the wide paths where we sped with great joy on our bikes. A nice family park to while away some time away from the town and traffic.

Address: Pittencrief Street Dunfermline
Directions: There are four entrance points around the park the easiest one to find is from Dunfermline Abbey
Phone: 01383 739272
Website: http://www.fife.gov.uk

• Updated Feb 26, 2007

Comments

scottishvisitor Used To Live Here!

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Have you been to Dunfermline?