"Stratosphere - Be on top of the world!" Stratosphere Hotel and Casino Tip by Travel_Fred

Stratosphere Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas: 10,628 reviews and 54 photos

Stratosphere is one of the cheapest hotels on the strip, and very good value for your money. I have stayed there at both my visits to Vegas, and would not hesitate to stay there again. I really recommend that you have a car at your disposal whilst there, as it is quite far from the centre of the strip, and you will be dehydrated after walking for 5 minutes in the Vegas-sun. Nevertheless, the rail-system in Vegas runs from the Sahara which is located next door to the Stratosphere, and the trains leave often. Did I mention that you can drive some of the worlds coolest cars at Sahara??! Visit: http://www.thedrivevegas.com/ for more information. The price is LOW, and you drive at a marked track with an instructor.

The poker room at Stratosphere is great, with several pleasant tournaments running both day and night (ranging from $50-$100 freeze out). The rooms are spacious and clean, they've got several buffet options, a shopping mall and even a Mac Donald's restaurant inside the hotel! (Did I hear "Only in America?)...

Unique Qualities: Uh.. I guess the 1,149 foot tower outside can be considered to be one of the Stratosphere's "unique qualities". If you stay at the hotel, you get a free pass to the tower at daytime (at least we did). I really recommend this, even though you have to suffer through a long line. We had breakfast at the top one day, and the service and food was great!

Address: 2000 S LAS VEGAS BLVD, Las Vegas, NV 89104
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
othercontact: Cheap rates at www.tripres.com
Phone: 702 380 7777
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.stratospherehotel.com/

• Written Feb 17, 2007

Ranked Member

Have you been to Las Vegas?