Wurstel and Pizza stands in the city centre: "Cheap & Good Hotdogs, Pizzas & Sandwiches" Top 5 Page for this destination Street Vendors Tip by longsanborn
Street Vendors, Vienna: 11 reviews and 23 photos
Wurstel (Sausages) Stands are set up all over the city in every corner. You can get a good snack of grilled austrian/german sausages (Bratwurst)* with bread slices/buns, hotdogs in baguette ("Wiener Würstchen")*, large pizza slices, and other kinds of snacks as little as Eur 3 - Eur 4.
*Sausages (Wurst): You are spoiled for choices here - frankfurters, blutwurst (blood sausage), weisswurst (white sausage), currywurst (curry sausage), kasewurst (cheese sausage), etc. You can ask for ketchup, mustard, mayonaisse or horseradish as condiments.
You can also find Kebab (chicken/veal) stands almost everywhere in the city, usually run by Turkish living in Vienna. You can get a good snack of Kebab Sandwich, Pita Kebab, Durum, etc., for around Euro 3. It's fast and filling quick snack.
Address: Any street corner of the city
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Located throughout the city.
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Vienna (86)
More Reviews (86)
- See All Mozart Balls (Not what you think)
- See All Route change in Tram No. 1 and No. 2
- See All Opposite the VIC/UNO City and Austria...
- See All Visit the Tiergarten Schönbrunn...
- See All Vienna and the Euro 2008
- See All Check out Taborstrasse in Leopoldstadt...
- See All Beware of Handphone Snatchers!
- See All Soft Romances at Museum Quartier
- See All To Tip/Not to Tip? How much? Tough...
- See All Roller Blading in Vienna's Many Parks
- See All Prepare for a Hot, Hot, Hot Summer
- See All Only for the Ladies!
longsanborn's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels