"Going to Casa di Giulietta? Good luck!" Other Tip by jamiema

Other, Verona: 11 reviews and 7 photos

If you fancy yourself as a Romeo or Juliet in Verona's ancient streets, then you will probably want to visit what is supposedly Juliet's house and the famous balcony (which was in fact a 1920s addition to the house). However, there is a certain feel and atmosphere to the house with its pretty, very old-looking facade and windows. But if you do visit, be warned- you'll quite possibly be trampled to death. The hordes and droves of tourists in Verona all flock like pilgrims to the cramped courtyard in front of the house, and you'll be lucky even to get a photo of one of the walls, unless you're standing right next to it. English, German, French, Italian, Austrian, Swiss, Spanish, Japanese, American, Australian are just some of the nationalities I encountered in my five minute visit. I would suggest that the only real way to get a good luck at the house is to visit Verona at a quieter time of year. We visited on the 2nd of June, which we hoped might be quieter than August or July at least. Obviously not. Therefore, I would say that perhaps Easter or October if at all possible are probably better times to visit Verona and the general Lake Garda area, as I experienced similar occurrences throughout the trip, not just in Verona.

• Written Feb 15, 2007