"Han Jiang Ancestral Temple - Unesco award" Top 5 Page for this destination Han Jiang Ancestral Temple of the Penang Teochew Kongsi Tip by SLLiew
Han Jiang Ancestral Temple of the Penang Teochew Kongsi, Penang: 3 reviews and 11 photos
Han Jiang Ancestral Temple of the Penang Teochew Association after a RM1.5 million restoration won in 2006 a UNESCO Heritage Conservation Award.
The Teochews are a major dialect group from the Fujian Province of China. In Penang, the other major Chinese dialect groups are Hokkien, Hakka, Cantonese, Hainanese, etc.
The association organizes cultural events like opera shows, food competition and community projects. The temple has two painted giant "generals" watching the entrance into a spacious courtyard.
Address: Chulia Street (junction of Kapitan Keling Street)
Directions: Near Lebuh Queen
Phone: +60 4-261 5629
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels