"Hainan Temple, George Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Hainan Kongsi - Thean Hou Temple Tip by SLLiew
Hainan Kongsi - Thean Hou Temple, Penang: 3 reviews and 8 photos
Hainan Temple is a beautiful temple dedicated to the "Heavenly Queen" or "Thean Ho Keong" is the major community center for Chinese immigrants from Hainan Island.
The temple started in 1866. It was recently renovated with intricate carvings by artisans from China.
Note the dragons on the roof top. It has four claws. Only the imperial dragons for the Emperor of China has five claws.''
Address: Muntri Street (near Chulia Street+Penang Road)
Directions: Between Lebuh Leith & Lorong Love
Phone: +60 4-262 0202
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels