"Mena House is not a necessity" Mena House Oberoi Cairo Tip by karensuzjo

Mena House Oberoi Cairo, Cairo: 1,257 reviews and 25 photos

People may feel like a stay at the Mena House is mandatory, but I would like to say that it could be missed. The hotel is noted for its age and its location to the pyramids. The location is the only reason one should stay at this hotel. I visited at high season and there was nothing going on. They have a disco, but it was not exciting. The pool area was univiting if not creepy. The continental breakfast was lackluster (it abounded with food grown in water like watermelon and rice - why would I want to eat food grown in water when I can't even drink the water?!).
The rooms are okay. The decorative fabrics on the beds seem like they have not been cleaned even though I am sure they have. They just gave me that feeling of uncleanliness.
There are some other great hotels in Cairo that people should try out. They are lighter on the wallet and offer more in my opinion.

Unique Qualities: Grat location. The Mena House is the closest hotel (and the closest anything) to the pyramids. While this is a wonderful attribute, I got a brief creepy crawly as I wrote my family a postcard, staring at the pyramids from the bar. Maybe a little too close!!

Address: Pyramids Road Giza
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 20 2 383 32 22