"The Carpet Scam" Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Tourist Trap Tip by JamalMorelli
Morocco Tourist Traps: 112 reviews and 69 photos
Nothing on "the carpet scam"- however, maybe this will help!
1) Prostitution scam! Tourists come to a medina hoping to score with pre-teens at a really invitingly low cost, sometimes even in exchange for drugs. Well, the tourist generously gives about 10 USD and then - POOF - the underage trick disappears. There's something to warn the tourist about!
2) Drug scam! Tourists trying to get a great deal on drugs from street urchins here find that what they bought wasn't quite the quality they were expecting.
3) Pottery scam! Tourist buys a barf-colored ceramic bowl against his better judgement when told that it is authentic, real Moroccan. The tourist returns home from Morocco, and that obnoxious polychromatic bowl created in Safi offends every eye it meets and, finally, a Moroccan neighbor says he would never use a bowl like that.
For scams like these: I think that your program will help... Not only helping potential tourists on a budget, but also helping to change the perception of so many misguided people who see many tourists as pathetic, miserly, thrill-seeking sexual predators morbidly lusting after the exotic then ***ing about how they got jacked...changing that perception to seeing them as pitiable victims.
p.s The details of "the carpet scam" are to be found in the Key of Solomon and involve animal sacrifice and a passing familiarity with the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum. It probably deserves it's own TV special. How about, "Magic Carpet Ride? Jewish Kabbalists, Arab Alchemists, and the Carpet Scam in Morocco."
More Tourist Traps in Morocco (6)
More Reviews (281)
- See All Deportation Threat
- See All Rial, Francs, Dirhams
- See All Expressing Yourself to Kids at Play
- See All hotel agadir
- See All Voltage and All Dat Noise
- See All Bribes - Moroccan Way of Life
- See All Snuff
- See All Rugby Lite - Daily Moroccan Life
- See All Grand Taxi from Casablanca, Taxi from...
- See All Jemma el Fna - Picnictime
- See All Islamic Holidays
- See All Driving in the Mountains
JamalMorelli's Related Pages
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels