"Sign boards in different languages" Batu Feringgi Local Custom Tip by SLLiew
Batu Feringgi Local Customs: 1 reviews and 1 photos
In a multi-racial society in Penang, you will see sign boards of advertisements, shops and hawker stalls written in one or more languages.
1) Malay - Latin alphabets. Mandatory in all signs. "Keluar"= Exit, "Masuk"= Entrance, "Selamat Jalan"=Good bye
3) Chinese - using Chinese characters especially in shops in downtown George Town. Some of older generations of Malaysian Chinese can only read Chinese and not Malay nor English. Different dialects are spoken, mainly Hokkien besides Mandarin, Cantonese, Hakka, Teochew, etc.
3) Tamil - Tamil script. Especially at Little India.
More Reviews (14)
- See All New Bus Service - Rapid Penang
- See All Penang's "Komodo dragons"
- See All Sea boating accidents
SLLiew's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Batu Feringgi?Share Your Travels