"Visit the Manatees" Top 5 Page for this destination Tampa Off The Beaten Path Tip by tampa_shawn
Tampa Off The Beaten Path: 123 reviews and 192 photos
There are several places outside Tampa to see the Manatees in their natural setting. The best viewing is normally on cold winter days when the Manatees come to these warmer (relatively speaking) springs to keep warm.
All of these sites are in stunning locations. I'd bring extra water and picnic basket and shoes for a nice hike along one of the areas trails.
Favorite sites of the locals include:
1) Crystal River - town North of Tampa with tons of options
2) Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park - also functions as a rehab center for the manatee and other natvie Florida animals. Rangers have programs during the day and there are also scenic boat tours of Pepper Creek.
3) Ocala area (will add more later)
More Off The Beaten Path in Tampa (61)
More Reviews (127)
- Stay at the Floridan Palace Hotel
- See All #1 Vegan restaurant in Tampa
- See All Free and cheap for kids
- See All Indian Grocery Stores
tampa_shawn's Related Pages
Have you been to Tampa?Share Your Travels