"Bargans and Splurging" Monastiraki Tip by xsugargirlx

Monastiraki, Athens: 21 reviews and 27 photos

There are two favorite places to shop for me. One is the flea market in Monastiraki (sp). You can get anything you want, great place for souviners, at a very affordable price.

The second is Gylfada! This is where the rich shop, and the prices are high but they have every store you could dream of! It was like a shoppers paradise.

What to buy: I got some authentic slippers with the fuzzy balls on them for my friends from the flea market, they were about 5$. I also got many jars of Olive Pate, green and black and they are to die for, for about 3$ per jar. I got jars of nuts and honey for cheap as well as lots of little evil eye charms for 1$ a piece. Fun souviners!

Don't pass up any of these items!

What to pay: I spent a few thousand dollars in Gylfada but I got some very fine things. They sometimes have alot of the fashion before America and they also get some imported items that I have never found in America. I got a very lovely Gucci bag, exotic moonflower and rose oils, olive hand lotions and soap, Italian wool scarfs, Oliver sunglasses and some very beautiful Byzantine style jewelry.

Directions: Take the Metra down the coast past the Friendship Stadium from Port of Pireaus and continue to Gylfada.
Theme: Other