"The Lincoln Memorial" Lincoln Memorial Tip by NC_Ziggy

Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C.: 149 reviews and 302 photos

Lincoln Memorial

Lincoln Memorial
    by NC_Ziggy
      Abe, We Sure Could Use You Now...
      Lincoln Memorial as seen from WWII Memorial
    by NC_Ziggy

Abraham Lincoln is highly regarded in U.S. history as one of the best, if not THE BEST presidents in our country's existence. Believe it or not, in the nearly 150 years since our "War Between the States", there are still strong sentiments among many here in the South. And I too must confess to having some, though as I write this, it seems to best serve as an understanding why there are peoples and cultures throughout the world who harbor ill feelings for happenings many more hundreds of years ago. And you know what? That just ain't right! Get Over It!

That's what Abe Lincoln thought about a society that allowed a human being to "own" another human being... That just ain't right! And though I'm from the South and had relatives that fought in our civil war, I'm thankful that he and the forces of the North prevailed. I DO believe God's hand touched our country in that bloody period of history.

And, come to think of it... Boy, couldn't our country and the world use another Abraham Lincoln just about now?

Address: 23rd Street, NW
Directions: Located at the western end of the National Mall, facing the Reflecting Pool, the Washington Monument, and Capitol Hill.
Phone: (202) 426-6841
Website: http://www.nps.gov/linc/

• Updated Feb 3, 2007

Comments

NC_Ziggy

“Dancing Madly Backwards on a Sea of Air”

Have you been to Washington D.C.?